Friday, June 21, 2013

Topping Paints the Peugeot - The Illustrations


The illustration for Topping Paints the Peugeot were created by Todd Balthazor. Todd became part of this project through James O'Brien and Todd is THE most patient of all the Bartholomew artists. Todd's work came to me at a time when life was a bit hectic. Every time we communicated I think I took at least two weeks to respond. I was a very bad... artist hirer... or whatever I am in relation to Todd. But Todd was persistent and The Book of Bartholomew got a good illustration.

Here you see Topping painting Bartholomew's car, the 1974 Peugeot. By the end of the story, Topping completes the car, but we don't get to see what it looks like. I insisted that Todd not give away the design Topping created.  It will be a surprise to the reader as much as it is to Bartholomew. 

To see more of Todd's fine work, check out his website at: www.toddbalthazor.com. To all of Todd's work on Topping Paints the Peugeot, check out the story when it is published this Friday, October 7 at

No comments:

Post a Comment