Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Nanny Diary - Illustrations by Justin Terlecki

Justin Terlecki created the illustrations for The Nanny Diary.  He previously created the illustrations for Bartholomew Makes Another Decision.  He surprised me this time by not only illustrating a front cover piece, but also many smaller images for the margins.  The moment I saw them I found these images absolutely wonderful.  The first three are of Bartholomew and The Nanny making-out.

Justin is a quiet fellow.  I wondered what he would do with the most erotic story of the series.  Of course, he knocked it out of the park.  The energy, the color and the quality all
.
capture the story beautifully. And I love the playfulness of the work, especially the coffeepot that is setting off the smoke alarm.

When he showed me the cover illustration, the last image below, he was so excited for me to find the different parts of the story within the image. Gerald's mansion has never been grander! And it is so Italian -- something I never imagined. It is a pleasure working with Justin because he is so excited about his work. And his work is quite grand itself.

The Nanny Diary is published April 26, 2013 at The Book of Bartholomew.







No comments:

Post a Comment