Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lunch Wrap- Illustrations

I recently was creating a logo for Donkey Burger, the fast-food restaurant in The Book of Bartholomew. A donkey was the first order of business. I needed to create a comical donkey head. Below are some trials of different donkey heads. You can see that I had a pretty good beginning and only tweaked hair, mouth, ears and eyes from this point. My first go is the upper left image in the group of eight. I didn't like the hair, so I printed out several incomplete donkey heads and then tried different hair styles.

After I settled on a hair style, bottom left, I wasn't happy with the ears.  I had one thin ear and one big ear.  They didn't match.  At first I copied and pasted the thin ear to the other side of his head, so they matched.  I didn't quite like this.  Then I created a big ear for the front, to match the one in the back. I liked this better.



Now that I had the donkey head like I wanted it (although I still want to change the eyes slightly) I made it into an official Donkey Burger logo by adding the name, some circles and stars and the tagline. I like circular logos.  I don't know why.  But I like how the donkey is in it, but also coming out of it with its ears overlapping the rings.  Stars and a red, white and blue color scheme for obvious patriotic reasons - only in America can you find the finest donkey meat burgers.  I like "Meat with a Kick," which is safer than the other choice of "Eat My Ass."



This logo will appear on the next published story in The Book of Bartholomew. The story is titled "Lunch Rap," and will be published on December 28, 2012 at bookofbartholomew.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment