Monday, October 29, 2012

Bartholomew and Geraldine - Story

The next story to be published from The Book of Bartholomew on November 2, 2012 is Bartholomew and Geraldine. This is a classic love story - not. 

Oh, Oliver, why do I feel like something bad is about to happen, like I am going to do something wrong – screw everything up? I wish this feeling would go away.”
Maybe it is because you are trying to cook—not one of your more successful skills,” answered Oliver with a purr.
I wish I knew better how to cook. Well, I can’t burn beet and bean sprout sandwiches and salad. And I just have to warm up the organic roasted parsnip soup. As long as I watch that closely I should be okay,” said Bartholomew.
Oliver purred, “Well, it is not the most difficult, or the tastiest, but it should be sufficient.”
Bartholomew put the soup on the stove over a low flame and set the table. He walked into the living room, grabbed newspapers, magazines and some books that were lying on the furniture. He picked up some socks from the floor and threw everything in the closet. He turned on some Dionne Warwick music. Oliver followed Bartholomew around the house.

“Oh, Oliver, I haven’t told you, but I have been seeing someone for the last two weeks. Her name is Geraldine. She is a very nice woman who really likes me. She will be here for dinner in about ten minutes.”

Oliver froze mid-step. Bartholomew sat down on the sofa.

“Come here, Oliver,” Bartholomew said as he patted the sofa cushion. Oliver jumped up on the back of the sofa and buried his head against Bartholomew’s.

“How come you didn’t tell me earlier? You know I like to know what is going on with you. You know I am responsible for you – purrrrrrrrr.”

“I wish my parents were here,” said Bartholomew. He sank further back into the sofa.
Oliver said nothing and climbed down into Bartholomew’s lap. He let Bartholomew rub his back, which made them both feel better. Oliver was settling in for a long back rub when suddenly all of his senses went on alert. He stood up in Bartholomew’s lap, his back arched. He looked at the door and let out a low growl and a hiss.

Oliver, Bartholomew's cat, cannot understand why Bartholomew would fall in love with Geraldine and invite her over to the house for dinner.  He considers her a monster.  And thus begins an evening of romance(?) for Bartholomew and Geraldine.

To read the story of Bartholomew meeting Geraldine: https://bookofbartholomew.blogspot.com/2016/01/3-geraldine.html

Visit The Book of Bartholomew at bookofbartholomew.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment