Monday, October 8, 2012

Gerald Teaches a Life Lesson - Story

"It’s not easy, in this world, to be successful like me. It takes a certain attitude, a certain resolve,” said Gerald.

The boys leaned in closer.

Gerald adjusted his sea foam colored tie and continued.

“I have worked hard my whole life to get where I am. I’m not proud of everything I have done, but I haven’t ever really done anything wrong. I want to share with you something my father, your grandfather, (rest his soul) told me when I was your age. He shared this with me just before he died and it has been one of the keys to my success.”
The boys leaned in even closer.

“Xavier, Khua, Mo, if you ever find yourselves on a deserted island with one other person and there is only enough food for one of you, you will have to kill that other person.”
And thus Xavier's, Khua's and Mo's life lesson begins.  But will they learn anything from it?

This story originated when a friend informed me that a father, for whom she worked as a nanny, actually shared this advice with his son.  Yes, this is real!  Can you believe it?  Of course, in the world of Bartholomew, things never turn out as people intend.  Xavier, Khua and Mo have many questions and concerns about this advice.  The Nanny also chimes in with her two-bits.  And what about grandpa?  How was it that he died?  You'll have to read a back story to find out.

Discover answers to these questions and more when Gerald Teaches a Life Lesson is published this Friday, October 12, 2012 at bookofbartholomew.blogspot.com, the home for the online book The Book of Bartholomew.

No comments:

Post a Comment